Welcome to The Leicestershire Medicines Formulary
TAS Summary May 2016
LMSG Newsletter May 2016
TAS Summary April 2016
TAS Summary March 2016
LMSG Newsletter March/April 2016
As recent significant supply problems with haloperidol and levomepromazine injections may recur the following recommendations have been produced to guide prescribers on suitable alternatives.
Leicestershire Guidance: Treatment of Nausea and Vomiting in Palliative Care
>>> more news
- Search for fast access to information by drug name, class or condition
- Access on your mobile at http://leicestershire.formulary.co.uk/Mobile/default.asp
- First and second line choices in each section are indicated.
- Restricted choices are those restricted to prescribers e.g. specialist initiation, to condition or specific patient groups.
- Links to UHL Guidance may not be functional at present if you are accessing outside of the Trust, however we are working on ways to resolve this. A subscription is required to access the Injectable Medicines Guide, therefore these links are only available within the Trust.
- This Formulary also applies to Alliance Care
- Items specific to the prison service are noted as such
- The Formulary supports all positive NICE Technology appraisals where these drugs are prescribed in the Leicestershire community. Where there are numerous therapeutics options all recommended by NICE for the same condition, the formulary may express preference for one or more agents. This applies only after the patient and prescriber have discussed all treatment options and only if they have no preference about which medicine they want to use.
- For information on antimicrobials see the Antimicrobial Website